VIDEO ‘Over 400 Miles of Wall Built by the End of Next Year’ – Blasting Fake News

June 14, 2019 By Susan Jones

Concertina wire is seen on a section of border fence near the US-Mexico border on June 12, 2019, in Hidalgo, Texas. (Photo by Loren ELLIOTT/AFP/Getty Images)

(CNSNews.com) – “So the wall is going up, it’s going up rapidly,” President Donald Trump told “Fox & Friends” on Friday.

“We are going to have over 400 miles of wall built by the end of next year. The wall is very important, it’s hard to breach it, it’s high, it’s strong, it’s powerful and it’s going up at a much lower cost than the wall that was planned prior to me getting there — it’s much better wall, too.”

Trump said the sections of wall built before he became president are a “disgrace.”

And we are actually fixing it, and in some cases, we have to take down fairly new wall because it was so bad. But we’re going to have over 400 miles of wall built, and that’s going to be in the most important areas, and we’re going to have all of it built before you know it. But this is despite tremendous obstacles that have been put in front of me by the Democrats. You have no idea.

And we just won the lawsuit on the wall, we won a big lawsuit on the wall brought by Nancy Pelosi, this (lawsuit) was brought by Nancy Pelosi, and maybe that’s criminal — that she’s allowing drug dealers and gang members into our country, maybe that’s criminal when you talk about it, because what’s happening on the border is — we’re it getting straightened out.

It’s a tough situation. You know how easy it would be to solve it if we met for 15 minutes with Democrats, you could solve the asylum problem and the loopholes in 15 minutes.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) plans to introduce legislation to close those loopholes, and President Trump backs Graham’s bill.

Trump also told “Fox & Friends” he would “negotiate gladly” with any Democrats — Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) was mentioned — who want to “get something done” about the border crisis.

“But they think it’s good politics not to do anything,” Trump said.

“The problem we have is we have election coming up, and they think open borders, and crime and drugs and everything else are good, I mean, if you look at it, open borders means crime. It just means crime. It means anybody can pour into the country.

“Now I have to say…the deal that I made with Mexico, they put 6,000 soldiers, paid for by them, they put 6,000 soldiers at their southern border. The stoppage is unbelievable, and I got reports yesterday, it’s like day and night.”

At a hearing of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Defense last month, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said the Army Corps of Engineers is responsible for construction of “the barrier.”

“We now have on contract sufficient funds to build about 256 miles of barrier,” Shanahan said. He said the money includes Department of Homeland Security Funds from Fiscal 2017 and 2018 as well as Treasury forfeiture funds and reprogrammed money.

Shanahan said he expects about 63 miles of barrier to go up in the next six months, “so about half a mile a day will be produced.”

On April 9, the Defense Department awarded a total of $976 million to two companies to build the first bollard-style pedestrian border barriers in Santa Teresa, New Mexico and Yuma, Arizona, with money reprogrammed by President Trump’s emergency declaration.

But press reports say the plans hit a snag when another construction company formally protested the contract awards as “highly flawed.”  As a result of that protest, the Army Corps of Engineers reportedly plan to rebid the contract for the Yuma sector.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-we-are-going-have-over-400-miles-wall-built-end-next-year


June 14, 2019 By Craig Bannister

Jason Chaffetz (Screenshot)

“Thank You Jason Chaffetz!” President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday, including video of former Rep. Jason Chavettz (R-Utah) calling out media and Democrats for expressing “fake outrage” over Trump’s comment that he might be willing to listen to opposition research information offered by a foreign government, like Norway.

Asked to react to Trump’s comment, Chaffetz told Fox News that the president’s remarks were being taken out of context as part of an ongoing pattern of contrived, fake outrage:

“Well, you need to listen to what he said first. He said he would do both. He would inform the FBI and he would listen. If that was wrong, he would escalate it to the FBI.

“This fake outrage from the left and the media is just part of a pattern here.”

“Of course, he can listen,” Chaffetz said, citing times media ignored then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton benefitting from foreign relationships as proof that their current outrage is fake:

“Remember, it was Hillary Clinton’s husband, the former president, President Clinton who, I think it was 11 times, took more than five hundred thousand dollars for a speech – 11 times, while Secretary Clinton was the acting secretary of state and, presumably, a candidate for president of the United States.

“There was no outrage on that. They were taking five hundred thousand dollars out of Russia, for instance, and other countries. Come on, they are faking the idea that they’re exasperated by the president’s answer.

“Of course he can listen.”

“Even single campaign that I know of would listen” for foreign-offered information before deciding whether to report it to the FBI, Chaffetz said, adding that Hillary Clinton’s campaign didn’t just accept foreign-provided information – it proactively spent “millions of dollars overseas” to obtain it:

“First, he said he would do both. Then, he said that. I think that’s just fine.

“Remember, that is markedly different than what Hillary Clinton did by proactively spending millions of dollars overseas to engage somebody – a foreign national – to dig up dirt on her opponent. The president isn’t suggesting that he would proactively do that. But, if somebody approached him.

“Every single campaign I know of would listen to that material first. They absolutely would.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/trump-tweets-video-chaffetz-blasting-fake-outrage-left-and-media-over-might



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s